Archibald Family

Archibald Family

Thursday, July 3, 2008

When?

When will he be here? If I had a quarter for every time that question is asked, it would pay for the adoption. There are so many obstacles in Elijah's way. Prayer is needed still, so please continue to lift us up. But I do have to share, all the time we are getting asked this question we are in turn asking and pleading to God. And last week God gave us our answer...

I will stand like a guard to watch and place myself at the tower.
I will wait to see what he will say to me;
I will wait to learn how God will answer my complaint.
The Lord answered me:
"Write down the vision;
write it clearly on clay tablets so whoever reads it can run to tell others.
It is not yet time for the message to come true,
but that time is coming soon;
the message will come true.
It may seem like a long time,
but be patient and wait for it,
because it will surely come;
it will not be delayed."
Habakkuk 2 1-3

4 comments:

Christi said...

Hi Karen. I am so sorry that this journey is so hard. It is certainly the hardest thing we have ever done. Hang in there. You are in our thoughts. Take care.

HollyAnn said...

But you know the best part, God does know! Cling to that! I finally got to where I told people to answer that questions, not a day later or a day sooner than God wants him home! And that is the truth! I love that GOd gave you an answer!

Jeremy and Kamina Johnson said...

We think of you often! I love that James and Elijah are friends in Liberia, and will be able to be friends in Colorado. Are you going to be able to come to the benefit dinner?

jena said...

I have been clinging to those same verses for the last nine months. They bring so much comfort. People ask me each day when we'll bring the kids home or why aren't they home yet, etc. For a while I didn't want to leave the house or answer the phone. I try to remind myself that they are excited, they care enough to ask, they want to see the adoption journey end and be a part of the new family journey that will begin. But it doesn't make it any easier on us as we wait. Praying for you!
Jena