Archibald Family

Archibald Family

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Prayer for Liberia


Once again...I have been lost in feeling of impatience, hopelessness and wondering if our journey will ever come to an end. But no worries, when I'm lost I search, when I'm lost I know my God is with me because I know when He says "I will never leave you or forsake you" it stands true today. So I have taken the last week to seek Him. And as always God spoke...

God is not a human being, and he will not lie. He is not a human, and he does not change his mind. What he says he will do, he does. What he promises, he makes come true.
Numbers 23:19
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
James 1:2-3
Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

This week we have heard a lot of news with what is happening in Liberia that could get us down, and I confess that I was starting that way. But sometimes joy is a choice, and even in our circumstances we are to be thankful. So when we are asked if we have any news yet...we don't, just more obstacles, more trials...but we are thankful and our joy remains in the Lord. This adoption remains in God's hands and so do Elijah and Ruthie.






Last weekend we had the privilege to lay hands on a container that has been bought through the orphanage project that I have spoken about. The container left this last week and is heading to Liberia, and tentatively will be there by the middle of March. I encourage you to continue to watch what God is doing in Liberia, in the midst of corruption, in the midst of oppression and in the midst of our trials...God is moving and doing a mighty thing! http://www.futurefororphans.com/
The filled container...

We wrote our "well wishes" to those on the other side of the world...And we prayed...

And I wondered...do you think we could just find some room so we can go too? :)

May God's will be done in Liberia. And may all nations confess Jesus is Lord!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a powerful moment, to be able to lay hands on the container and pray. Know deep within you that He hears, oh, yes, He hears!

Anonymous said...

This post got me all chocked up.