Archibald Family

Archibald Family

Sunday, June 21, 2009

What Father's Day Means to Me...

Duane and I were praying over our Father's today. We expressed our gratitude for blessing us with amazing and wonderful Dads. And then memories flooded my mind...

I remember countless numbers of tickling on the family room floor.

My favorite memories are when my Dad and I would go to the dump and one time I didn't but he thought of me still and brought home a tumbleweed for me to play with. All the other times I did go we stopped off at 7-eleven to get a Slurpee.

I remember going to a police auction and my dad bidding on my baseball mitt that I still have today.

I remember helping my dad hand the Christmas lights. And during the cold, dark night sharing with him my dreams and thoughts.

I remember hiding some stray kittens from him, and after he found out, him throwing his arms in the air as he knew he couldn't say "no" to me.

I remember my dad could do everything.

I remember spending every year going camping and my dad going with me to the Ranger meetings so I could be a junior ranger. I also remember him getting "Racky Raccoon"'s footprint for me. And I remember piling his Thing with camping gear as I sat on it all, until we reached the campground.

I remember thinking my Dad was the best, and still do.

I remember my dad being my biggest fan.

I remember my dad's lasagna and tacos...and thinking there isn't a better chef then him.

I remember hiding in the kitchen closet and scaring him half to death when he got home from work.

I remember coming home and not even reaching our property and hearing rap music blasting from our home.

I remember my dad helping my friends tp my car. And then I remember tp'ing my own home for my dad's birthday.

As I think of my dad this father's day I am reminded of all the special memories my dad and I have shared I can't help but be thankful for him. My dad has touched me, has spoken into my life more than he realizes. But what my dad forgets, what my dad doesn't realize that he has given me the greatest gift. My dad gave me his name, he brought me into his home and called me his and never was I ever thought of differently. My dad had and has that much love for me. My dad is my hero for he rescued me. As my dad is in California and I in Colorado, my thoughts and prayers remain with him today, and I am reminded of how blessed I am.

Happy Father's Day Dad! I love you so very much!

No comments: