Archibald Family

Archibald Family

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

My Girls Amaze Me

Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."
Matthew 19:14

The girls have been talking about going to Liberia for quite some time. The more they hear about the history of the country, see pictures and develop their knowing of a brother and sister who live their; a stirring arises in their spirit. Also, when they have heard the countless numbers of stories of how the orphans are treated and grow an understanding of all that is available to; their hearts are overwhelmed. I wish I could record their prayers and their questions as they seek, and their righteous anger that arises when they hear what the Liberian government is doing. I can honestly say God has their attention.

It didn't surprise me when the day came, and they decided that they were going to go and serve. What has surprised me is how they are truly seeking support and how they have been truly thankful for every penny that has come in.

Let me share with you some of the ways we are experiencing His blessings.

I received a call one day, our church was asking for help. They were having a memorial service and the family involved needed a babysitter for the little one. I accepted to help, to serve a family who has lost so much. I never expected to get paid, and even declined. However, God started our funding this way....before we knew we were going.

Courtney's Bible teacher challenged her class. She challenged them to memorize all of Romans 12. The first person who memorized it would received $5.00. Courtney memorized the passage the following day and recited it. But it didn't end there. The girls attended our Bible study a couple weeks after. She recited Romans 12, each member gave her $5.00 as a love offering.

The girls have continued to sell locker shelves, that Duane continues to make.

Katie and Courtney have decided to give their birthday money to the trip, for going to Liberia is the gift they want.

Lindsay has created a logo, which is now at the printers. We are waiting to see it so the girls can start selling t-shirts.

It excites me to see these girls work, but it excites me more to see God stir up the hearts of these girls. We are looking forward to seeing what He is about to do next. And as He continues to reveal Himself to us, we will let all of you know.

You have set your glory above the heavens.
from the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise.
Psalm 7b-8a

No comments: