Archibald Family

Archibald Family

Friday, January 7, 2011

Another Christmas behind us...

Our oldest counts the days down until Christmas, starting the day after Christmas and listens to Christmas music through out the year.  Odd...perhaps, but I confess I remember doing the same thing when I was a teenager. 

Christmas is an event we hold dear to our hearts.  It's not about the fun of presents, but I think it is safe to say that we all look forward to seeing what is wrapped under the tree.  We look forward to my parents visit, as we don't get to see them enough.  We look forward to extra family time together.  But most of all, we look to take something new about Jesus away with us.  Christmas is full of anticipation.

This year, being the timing of Christmas and New Years and the trees we had up were so dead, we needed to take the decorations down earlier than normal.  I've felt shorted - even though my house is clear and clean.  But one thing I have noticed is that I haven't put my Christmas music away yet.  I'm still listening, still celebrating and still worshipping the greatest gift ever given.  I also notice our blog remains in the Christmas attire. 

My heart is too moved this year with the celebration of my Emmanuel.  I'm not ready to put those last few things away.  So perhaps I'm going back to my teenage years, or letting my oldest lead me ... I may just be listening to the sound of Christmas all year round. 

And just in case you are wondering ...

there are 351 days until Christmas! 



The girls with Nana and Grandpa...an awesome time we all had!


Duane opening his present from all his girls.  A Hawaiian style Dodgers shirt, with baseball buttons!



Our little chef, equipped with a dog apron and a dog treat recipe book.  Judah is so happy!



Katie surprised and happy to see her Uggs that Nana got for her. (We haven't seen her feet since!)



Lindsay with her new coat she never thought she'd find.


For Christmas this year, we took my parents to the mountain for a sleigh ride.  It was a beautiful day!



It didn't take long before my mom was in the driver's seat!


And a sleigh ride equipped with roasting marshmallows and hot chocolate!  It can't get any better!

1 comment:

Melany said...

LOVE your header photo!