Archibald Family

Archibald Family

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

MY Faith

I just viewed a comment that I received on my blog a few days back.  Basically in a nutshell...I am delusional, because I talk to someone who is "non-existent" and have a non-loving God who only cares for some of the people, some of the time.


Wow!  


But it got me thinking.  Why do I believe in God?  


I won't sit and explain all the contexts of scripture that was thrown my way.  But I will warn those who question and seek to make sure you understand the scripture in its context and history.  When you do, you'll see how important Jesus is...and the true miracle He is.


I was told that God only performs some miracles ... not for everyone.  I suppose that could be true.  I could go through all my life and seek all the times I asked for a "miracle", only not to receive what I was asking.  But that wasn't it.  The story continued and in spite of my answers not being answered the way I saw fit, I saw a lot more than I could ever imagine waiting for me on the other side.  It was on the other side that I found my miracles. 


"There isn't any evidence of miracles".  I see it on the contrary.  I am living proof. Every time I wake, I know I'm a full blown miracle. 


It was justified that all these statements I have made, are "defenses" for the God I have.  NO.  Just testimonies of the God I know.   You see, I don't have to defend my God.  He is big enough to do so himself.  Matter-of-fact, I can rest knowing just how great my God is.  


And as for no one ever seeing him.  I find that false.  I have seen Him, experienced Him and have even been held by Him.  You may find it hard to believe ... but I find it true.  I know I wouldn't be the person I am today, if I didn't have Him in my life.  


The funny thing is.  I have never labeled you.  Why do you label me?  I know you believe what you believe, and I believe what I believe.  But the biggest difference is ... I have someone to pray to, ask for divine intervention in your life ... who do you have on your side to help you?  I pray that one of these days you will truly see you aren't standing alone ... no matter how much you deny Him.  And you'll see his love will never turn away from you ... no matter how much you push.  You are forever His.


I also thank you ... you are causing me to stand in boldness.  There are only a few of my closest friends who I share this with.  You see as a "Christian", you could find it easy to believe the lie "I shouldn't have dealt with my issue, if I truly believed in my God."  But I believed that lie.  Fear has held me back.  But now it is time for all to here.  The truth will set me free and the time is now.  This is my story ... delusional or not, it happened to me and I live as a miracle today because of it.  This isn't my testimony ... but God's.  To Him be all the glory!


(You'll have to watch the whole sermon ... but somewhere in the middle, you'll find my story.) 


My testimony (half way through the sermon)





1 comment:

Unknown said...

That was an incredibly powerful testimony, Karen! God blesses us all with such awesome signs to lead us to happiness in his presence, if only we are willing to open ourselves to his Holy Spirit.

As a philosopher, I could prove God's existence and some of his attributes by reason alone, but hardly anyone would listen. Instead, our Lord wisely decides when and where to work wonders to teach us and to draw us nearer to him.

Every one of Jesus' miracles has a spiritual message for those with ears to hear. He raised his friend, Lazarus, from the dead, but Lazarus died again. The point of the present miracle is not to last forever, but to point to the eternal reward--Jesus Christ is the resurrection for us all, and death will not have the final word.

In my life, the Lord has healed me spiritually and physically, he has saved me miraculously from unavoidable car wrecks, and he has graced me to meet so many individuals who have given testimonies to the work of supernatural grace in their own lives. I even know of a couple whose stillborn baby was raised from the dead. In fact, I mentioned them on my blog only a few days ago.