Archibald Family

Archibald Family

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

A Time for Everything (Ecclesiastes 3:1-14)

When I think of what to write, "seasons" keep coming to me.  During the last few months it has been "a time to be silent", but now is "a time to speak"....

A time to mourn:  We had our oldest daughter go off to college, which put my heart in a frenzy.  I didn't know how to breathe, let alone continue with the day to day activities.  I knew it would be hard...just not that hard.  Now I embrace this season. 

A time to weep:  I have two daughters who are in high-school.  I just feel old!  No other words to describe.  And then depression hit for a while, a Satan's lie of "your girls don't need you anymore" was a constant battle for not only me, but everyone in our household. 



A time to plant and a time to uproot:  I have to admit I have NEVER seen me in the fast food field.  God calls us to different places ... mine was at Chick-Fil-A.  I remember during a prayer time, God sending me to go and apply "I am giving you the store".  I don't know exactly what that meant, but I do know that in the past four months I have been shown favor, and God has given me wisdom and strength to get through the days.  I have gone from employee to team leader.  I enjoy working with everyone...and now have become the Chick-Fil-A Mom.  But as I write, I'm learning that this adventure, this avenue that has been such an adventure is a season that started with 40 hours plus a week, to a few hours three-four days a week.
A time to dance:  In September we celebrated 20 years of marriage!  We both can't imagine life without each other, or even before one another.  And we are ready for another 20 years of life with one another.  

A time to embrace:  I shared with each of you in the previous post of how God wasn't allowing us to let go of our dreams.  It remains true today, and He is answering our hearts, His hearts desire.  We have met our son.  We have spent time with him, and he has spent the night at his new home.  We are in the process of dotting a few i's and crossing a few t's and hopefully by the end of the month - our family will have it's newest addition home.  I'm so glad God didn't allow us to stop this journey, because through His mercy, compassion and endurance He has given us the perfect match! 

So in the past few months we have experienced "a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven" ... and all we can say is Yes!  "He has made everything beautiful in its time!"

No comments: