Archibald Family

Archibald Family

Friday, March 22, 2013

JOY

When I look at myself in the mirror, I wouldn't call myself a joyful person.  I don't laugh like I used to.  I take life so seriously.  And to be honest, I don't like the person I have become. 

I long for laugh-lines, and tears that stream down my cheeks because of laughing so hard.  And I long for my belly to just ache as I gasp for air due to true laughter. 

But somewhere along the line, I've become so serious.  I'll smile, and sometimes giggle...but it has been so long since I've let out a good belly laugh.  And it got me thinking...

Joy.  Somewhere along the line, joy has left.

I wondered what God would have to say.  So I looked at every verse that had the word 'joy' in it, and allow His word to soak in. I have fourteen pages of note.  But there were some verses that stood above the rest, and I have to take note to.

Joy is....
  • a response and action, and a blessing.  It is a response for gifts and abundance.  A reaction when before God.
  • belongs to God.  He is the source.
  • It grows when people are united
  • a celebration
  • a choice
  • an anointing
  • gift from the Holy Spirit
  • strength
  • release of fear, causing celebration
  • a holiday
  • something heard
  • a confession off our lips, laughter and happiness
  • an expression of emotion, an emotion
  • everlasting with God
  • a sign of restoration, result of seeing God
  • God's presence
  • God's victories
  • thanksgiving to God
  • God
  • an anointing oil
  • praise, exalting God
  • praise for salvation, salvation
  • a song
  • a plea
  • from God that we give back to Him.
  • wisdom
and my list goes on.

I think back to the times I have joy.  Its when I've been in God's midst.  Its been times when we have celebrated triumphs and celebrations. 

How can I get my joy back?  Spend more time with God.  Make a choice and choose joy.  Receive the anointing God has given me, and sing!  Look at these serious things in our lives and laugh.  Make a declaration, with thanksgiving in my heart, and a testimony on my lips of my salvation. 

So today, and the days that follow I will choose joy.  Laugh lines and belly laughs are coming!

1 comment:

HisFireFly said...

praying into your joy
let the laughter begin
and also the calm peaceful smiles