Archibald Family

Archibald Family

Monday, March 3, 2014

Learning Styles

As a parent, you have heard how there are different types of learners:  those who read, those who are hands on, or those who do by hearing.  I've always known I was a hands on learner, and that got me laughing.  As sometimes I have walk some rocky paths in order to learn exactly what I was told.  I didn't get it.  I didn't fully comprehend it.  But I have a Father in heaven, who understands me more than I understand myself and is patient and kind as he walks me through the rocks. 

So why do I expect anything different from my children?  Perhaps sometimes they need to walk the rocky path in order to learn what I have tried desperately to tell them.  Perhaps today I should pray more, talk less and trust the One who knows them better than me and even themselves.

No comments: