Archibald Family

Archibald Family

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Sometimes We Just Don't Know the Whys

I was at the top of our stairs, and all the family pictures that are in a collage, on the wall caught my eye.  I reminisced each picture one by one.  At the bottom of the collage were the pictures of Elijah and Ruth.

I can't help but wonder how life would be so different if they were here and not there.  And I wondered what would life even be like with them here.

We here the news all over the world of the Ebola outbreak.  It is sad to hear.  It is even scary to some.  And I have even seen cold heartened comments from others.  I have read articles of a child who was diagnosed NOT carrying the disease, but all the rest of his family had died from it ... and he is still shunned, and even left to starve and die. 

And I think of Elijah and Ruth.  What is in their future?  Will they contract this or not?  And ...

Why couldn't God just have allowed them to come home?

With the transition of Duane's job, the anguish of other things that are going on in our lives, I can't help but be transparent with you, I have battled the thought:  "God, have you forgotten us?". 

I know God is there.  I know His timing is perfect.  I know we will get through this.  I truly know all these things, but I just can't help but ask ... why.

One of these days I'll see the answers and know.  But today, my heart is heavy.  I have a precious son and beautiful girl on the other side of the world that I have trusted God with to raise, provide and care for and now trust to fight for their lives, more than ever before. 

And I turn and see all of God's provisions in our past and know He is capable and He is more than able. I may not know the whys of today, but just simply choose to believe - God is more than enough for all!

No comments: