Archibald Family

Archibald Family

Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Not Your Normal Tuesday

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
John 10:10

It was another Monday in the Archibald house.  Duane was coming out of a week off from work and entering the demands that just sat on his desk screaming louder as deadlines are approaching.  Courtney was heading to the dermatologist again, and having another minor surgery to remove some early caught skin cancer.  And me  juggling Courtney's appointment in the midst of two jobs that were also desperate for my attention.

I have enjoyed the life I live.  I enjoy both jobs for different aspects.  The core of one seems to match the core of me and it has been a perfect "marriage".  However, others have taken advantage of this passion of mine and have destracted me with demands that aren't necessarily mine, nor mine to even take on.  And the other is in the center of my community that I love so much and have much joy connecting with, and where I feel called.  However, unappreciation and disrespect lie throughout, as well as confusion.

I made a commitment late last year that would take some of my time this year.  Honestly, I felt a hesitation, not recognizing where it was coming from, but still decided to say yes because in all my logic: "I had nothing on my plate".  Now in hindsight, I believe that hesiation was the Holy Spirit, as He saw me coming into two jobs and life as I see now.  

And now it is another Tuesday, following up after a fifteen hour Monday, without any breaks except the to and fro in the car, tired and exhausted and facing burnt out once again.  And I searched my Bible knowing words in my spirit and this verse stands out.

I always hear the first partbe on guard for the one who is coming after me in full force to destroy me.  Yet I forget how he does it, through busyness and over commitments, and distractions   But today I rest on the second part of the verse.  That Jesus came so I could not ony have life, but have it to the full. 

He has given me permission and has given me a gift  life and embracing it to the fullness He has intended.  Where He has given me this gift, I will find Him.  

Again, a lesson I haven't mastered.but to live without saying yes to everything, but to say yes to him with a trust He knows what lies ahead.  And accept the things He gives us to enjoy.  It's ok to say no to things that keep us away from the things we love .. even if it seems silly to others (like my cats and bunnies).

I don't have to live with a plate so full that I miss the things that He has given to you to enjoy!  Because when I miss the things He has given me, I am missing His heart and ultimately Him.  And I don't want to miss that!

So today I ponder  what are the things I love in life?  What are the things I want to embrace and fully live?  My family - especially the ones who I share our home with.  The love only a husband and wife share.  I know quality time is my love language, if I am so busy how can I feel loved?  Spending time with my parents is important to me too.  My cats, bunnies and chickens give me peace and a stillness in my soul.  Time to be in my home, cleaning it and fixing it up brings an ownership and a place of serenity.  Going to the Farmer's market, eating God's goodness in the fresh vegetables and fruits.  Feeding my family by my own hands is important to me as well.  Going for walks or to the Y not only for the excercize of it all but just to clear my mind and fill it with His.  And even naps!  To experience rest, and in His craddled arms.  

I have been carrying guilt that I haven't had much time with God, and believed that God wanted me to carve out more time with Him.  He does.  But it doesn't have to be kneeled before Him for so many hours, or even with an open Bible to get so many chapters behind me.  Today is one verse.  And today I see that the gift of life is full because of Him, and all the gifts He brings and to be embraced so you can experience Him.

So today is not going to be another Tuesday, but today I will take the time to ponder and shift my full plate around.  I'm going to have to get rid of some things.  And put bigger helpings of  the things of life that I enjoy so I can have the strength to do the things He has called me to.  Today I will embraceand as I live life to the fullest, I will be thankful to the One who is the center of it all.  And I will celebrate Him today - and the life He gave.

No comments: