Archibald Family

Archibald Family

Thursday, July 16, 2020

My Perfect Counselor

"Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand.  
You guide me with your counsel,and afterward you will take me into glory."  
Psalm 73:23-24

I have endured life challenges and have a sensitive soul, so it won't surprise you when I mention that I seek counseling throughout my life.  My counselor has helped me so much and has helped free me from the torments I have put in my mind … and heart.  

Life continues to throw it's challenges and discouragement, and has a tendency to overwhelm me, and I had to make an appointment to seek my counselor once again  - making sure I'm thinking straight and to help me with balance in my life, and just a place I can unload.  I'm grateful for him.  And I'm grateful for the technology as I continue to use the same counselor who has walked with transitions and hardships in Colorado, as I move on with life in California. 

Counseling.  A safe place I can be true with what is going on.  A place I feel heard.  A place I seek wisdsom, advice and accountability.  A place I have someone on my side.  I place I can receive empathy and compassion in and unempathetic and uncompassionate world.  I don't like admiting I need counseling during those rough times, but once I go I enjoy going all the same and have a hard time letting go when it comes to an end. 

My God.  The ultimate Counselor.  The safe place where I can run to and where I can be true and feel heard.  The perfect source of wisdom, advice and accountability.  He is always there for me and on my side.  I not only receive empathy and compassion but wisdom and truth. My pride keeps my from admitting that I need counseling and perhaps the rough times come often so He can remind me how much I need Him.  

At the end of each counseling appointment come the payment.  I'm reminded that I'm seeking professional help, not the connection of a friendship that comes freely.  But as I prayed and recognized God this morning I not only have a friendship that has never walked away but He has paid the ultimate price for me.  He sent His son so I can come to him without any payment.  

Thank you God for your sacrafice.  And thank you God for being the perfect counselor. 

No comments: