Archibald Family

Archibald Family

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Quick Update

I am in Liberia! Thank you all for praying, and I ask for more prayers.

God is good and all the time! Our first day we went to try and attend a meeting with the people that have made this adoption process difficult, but found the meeting to be cancelled. But instead God had some divine appointments for the day. We have met people that are connected with the Liberian president and have counceled us and directed us to our next steps. The one person we met with was an attorney, who happened to be the President's advisor. I saw scales fall before her eyes when the details were shared as to what we have been going through, and I won't be surprised if the President, herself hears.

We need prayers. Tomorrow we are having a press conference to educate the people here of adoption, and to bring more truth to them. Pray that God's will will be heard and seen. We also will be going up against the "devil", and have to confront the very ones that have lied to us. I am praying that the truth will win out. I have told you all that I am expecting something big on this trip, and I'm ready to see it!

I have been staying with Elijah & Ruthie. I love my kids! They keep reaching out to me, and won't leave my side. Elijah is full of energy and has the "liberian pout". I often wonder if Ruthie can walk, because everyone carries her...not because she can't walk, but because she is very spoiled! I'm thankful I have three little mothers at home that will help.

I will try and update later, but because of our full schedule the next couple of days it may be difficult. Thanks for your prayers, and please continue.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying that God will not only meet, but far exceed your expectations, for He can do exceeding, abundantly more than you could ask or imagine!

jena said...

Praying for your travels and all the amazing kiddos you are helping.

Jeremy and Kamina Johnson said...

Very cool Karen. Thanks for fighting the battle on the front lines! We are praying for you!