Archibald Family

Archibald Family

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Nimba County

I have been struggling since before I left what purpose God had for me on this trip. The past couple of days I found peace, accepted that I am here and wether I see it or not God's will will be accomplished.



Today I discovered I am a voice. A voice to bring to America and share with the other adoptive parents as well as the rest of America that Addy's Hope is much more than adoption - this is bringing hope, care and education to the people of Liberia. The parents that can't take care of their children anymore because poverty is oppressing them and they don't know where the next meal is coming from. They desire more for their children, they pleed for hope.



We met some of the birth parents/mothers and handed out updated pictures of their children living in America. We saw tears of joy, dancing in celebration and hearing praises lifted to our God. No one was regretting their decision. The hold onto hope that they will too come back one day educated, and to help their people, and possibly lift the oppression in this country. One of the grandmother's we met couldn't sit still, was praising and dancing to see her grandchildren in pictures. People came to her over and over asking "why are you selling your children?" and she responded "where is the money? I am not selling these kids.", and their response is that she will never again see her kids. Today proved all those people wrong, and she was loud to let everyone know.


I discovered too that I am a quiet voice for those in Nimba county. You see, the government has made it cleared that we Americans want to adopt children for their kidneys and such. Those seeing their pictures of their children see that these children are ok, they are in loving homes and are being loved. Today was a great start.

I tried to meet Elijah and Ruthie's mother. But because of a misunderstanding I wasn't able to. However, I did see the condition they were brought up in. Today gave me a reassurance and peace.

I am excited to be part of our agency. Our agency isn't just an agency. Those families who are in this agency just to get children are missing out. They are missing an opportunity to be part of a great work God is doing. This isn't just about adoption, this is bringing education for children and adults around the surrounding areas as well as medical attention, this is bringing hope to the hopeless. Does this ministry have everything down to a science? No, just like any new thing they need to iron out some wrinkles, but I see that God is getting ready to blossum what He has planted. I have seen tremendous break throughs during this trip, does that mean that we have seen the fruit of all that is happening? No, but that is where trust comes in. I trust and whole heartedly believe that God hasn't forgotten the orphans, nor the Liberians who live the oppressed life, nor Addy's Hope. God is on the move and will continue everything He is doing even when we leave.

Those of you who aren't part of this ministry please click on their link posted on the side column and keep your eye on all that is going on. Get involved! God is on the move!

3 comments:

Jeremy and Kamina Johnson said...

TOO COOL THAT YOU WENT TO NIMBA!!! That is just fantastic. I love the story you posted on your blog of the grandmother. She can be a voice and testimony for adoptions and Addy's Hope! Stay strong my friend. We are praying for you.

Jeremy and Kamina Johnson said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog Karen. You are so right! Can I come and see you on Saturday? I will be in Longmont and wondered if I could stop by for a short visit and a huge or two?

Liberia Adoption said...

We are adopting Abraham and Joshua! I cannot say thank you enough for the precious picture of Abraham with his letter to us. I am praising God that you were able to go and do the work of our LORD! And see your precious little ones. Sometimes I feel so powerless to help, but if each of us only obey God's calling He will work all things together!