Archibald Family

Archibald Family

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Time Has Come...

There is a phrase "All Good Things Must Come To An End". I think about this as our summer has officially ended, and the girls have returned to school. Our life that we have discovered, our life outside of school activities and car rides; we have come to embrace. My time alone as I walk and worship each morning, and the quietness of the living room as the girls sleep and I read my Bible and journal has to work itself into my schedule instead of it greeting me each day. My mind being focused on God as I wake, and throughout the days are now interrupted with "what is on the agenda today" and checking off my "to-do's".

But then I felt a nudge. One that was saying... "I Am THE Good Thing, and I will NEVER come to an end". And now I ponder, and am washed with such gladness. Our God, who is the Author of Salvation, Creator of the universe, Friend and Father never leaves us or forsakes us! Remains with us forever! He Himself is the Beginning and the End. As long as we choose life with Him there is no end.
So as I approach another first day of school, and the sadness of the three good things God has given us to maintain go off and experience life as they will choose for themselves, I will approach it with gladness, for as long as we choose salvation through Christ, there is never an end. The time I have daily enjoyed this summer was only a beginning of the days to come...some will be full of distractions, and others quiet. And I will continue to choose to give thanks. (But I still will wipe a tear or two of joy as I send them off today and as they take their next steps.)

Lindsay - Sophomore (10th grade)


Katie - 7th grade


Courtney - 6th grade - 1st year of middle school!



Family Fall Pictures...



No comments: