Archibald Family

Archibald Family

Saturday, May 3, 2008

We have reached a mile stone...

It has been a custom in our household that when you have a birthday and turn a double digit you may invite the girls from your class for a sleepover. Being that Courtney turned 10 last week we had her sleepover last night.
We are thankful for basements! The girls played mainly in that area and it shows! Courtney enjoys cooking so much, so the 9 4th graders, Katie and Lindsay gathered with me around the kitchen island and made their own pizzas. It was a hit and everyone enjoyed it. I used small popsicle sticks and put their names on it and poked them into their individual pizza, when I took them out of the oven I knew who's was who. If you want to know how to get a child to eat vegetables... I made a salad bar so they could make their own salads...every child ate all their dinner. This was the first birthday I didn't make the cake...Baskin Robbins did! Yum!

I of course crashed before the girls. I heard they fell asleep sometime after 1:00 in the morning. I was disappointed having to wake up at 6:45...didn't they read the invitation right....this was to be a SLEEPover! I made homemade cinnamin rolls, bacon and melon from breakfast. As Duane and I were organizing breakfast, saw that parents were coming in about a hour...we high fived each other, and recognized we have accomplished our last big sleepover!


Crazy Fourth Graders!!!