Archibald Family

Archibald Family

Friday, July 2, 2010

Are you ready?

Ask, and God will give to you.  Search, and you will find.  Knock, and the door will open for you.  Yes, everyone who asks will receive.  Everyone who searches will find.  And everyone who knocks will  have the door opened.  Matthew 7:7-8
I sat with God this morning.  My favorite place to be, and my favorite way to start my day.  I did have second thoughts before I headed to my "God" chair, for I had so much to do today.  But I knew I needed Him before any of the things I had to do.  It is only Him that can help me get through those things to do today.

I shared with you that I gave up facebook for 40 days, only turn on the computer between 12pm-5pm (mountain time), don't check emails from my phone unless I'm expecting something specific and I'm away from the computer, we don't turn on the TV unless to watch a show we are all into or a movie, and then off it goes.  I only have a week left until the 40 day mark will come to an end.  As I approached this fast, it was because I wanted to hear God so much clearer than I had.  I didn't want to hear all the "voices" I meet on facebook, emails, TV, etc.  I only wanted Him.  So as this fast comes to an end I can only say one thing... I sought, and He answered!

As I approached this fast, I expected to experience God ... but never did I think I would experience Him as much, nor as life changing as I have!  I am so thankful it was on our high-school pastors heart to challenge the kids and that I accepted this challenge, for this fast was just that - life-changing.  So even though these 40 days are almost over, I don't want to go back!  And I don't think I will.  Sure I may look on facebook now and then.  But I enjoy writing on the blog more than posting my status on facebook.  The hours will remain the same for when the computer will be on.  TV will also remain the same and as well as my phone access.  Because to tell you the truth - it's not these things I desire, but Him alone!

Not only have I heard and experienced the voice of God.  But He has done something I never could quite understand ... He has increased my faith.  My boast is in Him alone, and my love for Him just bursts within me!

So now I pass on this challenge for you ... are you ready?  What technology, lifestyle or even food is controlling you and taking you away from the voice of God?  Are you ready?  Give it up for 40 days, and seek Him.  I promise you, you will find Him!

Psalm 103 (Karen's version)
My whole being, all that I am -flesh, mind and spirit praise the Lord.  All that I am praise His holy name.
My whole being, everything you made me to be will praise the Lord and never forget all the kindness you have shown me over and over again.
You have forgiven all my sins and continue to do so.
You have healed me from thoughts of suicide, foot problems twice, gluten sensitivity and other things so numerous to mention.  You have healed Courtney from her stomach issues, Katie from headaches and neck issues related to her concussion and have also ended all her nose bleeds.  You are showing yourself to Lindsay and will heal her from her plantar warts on her feet.  You are a God who heals, because of the abounding love you have for us.
You have saved my life over and lover again, saving me from the enemy and you have filled me to overflowing of your love and mercy.
You have poured good things in my life, where I have found your protection guarding me and your peace all around me.  Your joy brings a spring in my step, making me young.  You are the wind beneath my wings and I soar with you like an eagle.

Lord, you continue to show your mercy and kindness over and over again.  You aren't quick to become angry for your love for your people is so great.
Oh God, I deserve even death for the sins I have done - through action, thoughts, and words I have spoken.  Yet, you have never repaid me for these things, as it would be justified by man.  You not once, have taken one smidgen of love from me because of my crimes.
Your love remains, and is so great the whole earth can't contain it.  Your love continues to shine through to all who respect you.
It is through your love you have removed my sins - as far as the east is to the west, and the west is to the east.  My sins are no more!
Your mercy remains on your children who love and respect you.
You remember how you created each one of us, how you knit us together each to the specifications you have designed.  You remember and you love us.

Oh God, your love remains upon all who love and respect you.  My heart is full of love for you, for it is You that has first loved me.
Your goodness will continue through the generations to come and because you always remain faithful!

Everything you, Lord God have made praise your name!  May the birds sing their love songs to you, the grass rustle it's praise to you.  May the sun, moon and stars shine for your glory alone.  May even the rocks stand in awe of you!  For you God, deserve all the praise!  May my whole being - flesh, emotions, thoughts and spirit sing all praise to you - the One most high and highly to deserve!
 

No comments: