Archibald Family

Archibald Family

Monday, July 19, 2010

Freely you have received, freely give.

There are times God lays things on my heart.  I love to give; whether it being gifts, words of encouragement or even just time.  However, the financial strain we have been has allowed Satan to come in and plant lies that I don't get to be part of God, because we can't afford it.

All I have to say is "HA!!!" as I have stomped on that devil's lie!!!

God has taken me on an adventure the past few weeks, and has shown me that the giving He has laid in my heart is from Him and has shown me exactly how to do it.

He gave me water to give a "cardboard traveler" in the hundred degree heat.

He gave me promptings to give financially to the missionaries, and a promise He will take care of the rest.

He gave me a heart to start serving at our church in a few different areas.

He continues to allow us to provide for the children we sponsor each month, and we get the joy of sharing our lives with them as we hear about their lives in another country.

He has given me relationships to pour into.

And for the past few months he has put two things on my heart, perhaps because it hits so closely to home.  One of the things I have been doing once every month - that is donating platelets at Children's Hospital for the children their who are going through chemo.  I get an opportunity during the two hour ordeal to pray over those platelets that leave my arm and get ready for someone else.  That God will lift their burden and free them from their illness, that peace will flow through their veins and they will know the presence of God. 

Today, I get to finally do that last thing He laid on my heart ....


donate my heart to Locks of Love!!!

Today I pray that once my hair is used for a hairpiece for someone who is battling a disease that is robbing them of their confidence and such that once the hair is placed on their head...God will use it and heal them, lift all financial strain and pour life into theirs. 

God is good and has allowed me to be blessed in the all the giving.  I pray for this adventure to continue.

Don't miss out, search God and find what He lays on your heart.  Through Him He can do great things!!!

For those of you who would like to know more about giving platelets or donating your hair, please see the attached links, and please share your testimony!
No man should come before the Lord without a gift.  Each of you must bring a gift that will show how much the Lord your God has blessed you.
Deuteronomy 16:16b-17

1 comment:

Mom2Bs said...

You look great!!! Amazing how when you are watching your spending, there are tons to do w/o spending money!! Great advice!
Keep the Faith!