Archibald Family

Archibald Family

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Breakthrough!

Sometimes I am in such a place, where I feel forgotten. I know I'm not the only one that has been there, there are so many times we all go in those places. I have looked at God, and wondered..."Do you hear me?", I have even thought "oh, since I'm in such a place...I'm on the path that God doesn't want me on." I remember being told so many times that "things happen for a reason", meaning that if something doesn't go the way we want it to go "then it wasn't meant to be." Sometimes it is hard to be transparent, because as much as I love to receive sincere questions, they too lead to these doubts in my mind. And sometimes this transparency leaves you feeling even more isolated.

This past couple of weeks I have been searching for answers of "why". If I have to be honest, I have doubted that I have been on the right road with our whole adoption. I mean, I know I serve a God who can move mountains, who can change the hearts of his people, and can take hold of every opposition that stands in our way with not only this adoption but for the orphanage project and make it all happen. And if He can than why doesn't He? I have been trying to be obedient to Him, obeying where I thought He was leading but perhaps I just have it all wrong...I mean perhaps, just perhaps "it wasn't meant to be."

Satan thought he won His battle. But then God came with a week of breakthroughs!

I have mentioned that I am in a Bible study that I believe was just written for me. Every page I turn there is something God is trying to get through to me. And being I am a hand's on learner, He has given me circumstances each weak to help me learn the points at hand. I was reminded through the study of Esther, in order to celebrate God's victories we have to experience and see what is against us.

Mr. Geebro, the Minister of Health in Liberia has stood in the way of adoptions, has rejoiced that the President of Liberia has stopped adoptions and hasn't followed through with her promises, and now is standing in the way to bring the container the agency has sent (providing a building to be the new orphanage, solar & wind power instruments, supplies for the orphanage and so much more) from entering Liberia. This man and his accomplices have proved themselves over and over again that they aren't to be trusted, they aren't people of their words, and their actions clearly are against the agency and more importantly God. It is clear these government officials are a huge obstacle. And as I'm sure in their sight believe they are victorious. Is that you? Do you believe that this battle is just too big for us to be in? Have you looked at our situation and lost hope, because your eyes are on the situation and not on God?

Beth Moore said "some of us with little previous battle experience have no idea why God is allowing us to go through such difficult times in a place we thought was His will. He's trying to make warriors out of us, Girlfriend! Rise to the occasion! But we aren't meant to fight unseen forces alone. You and I have the Godgiven right to lock arms with our sisters and brothers in Christ and defend ourselves with the sword of the Spirit and the shield of faith. Here's the best part: When we do, we are guaranteed the victory. I said guaranteed."

I read these words, and felt as God was gently telling me something - gently telling me that I know you are in a difficult place, I know you thought you were in my will and you are! You are not alone, stand in the fight with your fellow believers and fight, I am with you and I want you to see how victorious I am". I am reassured God has me where I'm to be. A new friend reminded me yesterday that God puts desires in our hearts because He has so much love for us, and because He loves us so much it is His desire for those things to come to completion. I know some of you reading this, think that the breakthrough I have referred to was that of our children coming home. No, it's not. It saddens me too to think of them being away from me. But the breakthrough for me is knowing I am on the right path, that the old lies that I have been planted in my mind are no longer there because God has overcome it all. I know oppression will stop in Liberia, orphans will come home, and God's victory is coming. I do not know the day nor the hour, but I do know I want to be there to see it! "The Lord my God...turned the curse into a blessing for me, because the Lord my God loves me." Deat. 23:5

I know there are some government officials in the Liberian government celebrating because they believe they have won the fight. I know that there are some of you reading this not understanding how I can actually be celebrating because I don't have any physical evidence of what I say is true. But I know I have reason to celebrate for "The Lord my God is with us, He is might to save. He will take great delight in is, he will quiet us with his love, and will rejoice over us with singing." Zephaniah 3:17 Our God is honest. Our God is true. Our God loves. Our God saves.

The Archibalds are called to "fight the good fight" (1 Tim 1:18-19). And knowing that we are on the path God has chosen for us, and knowing our God is standing with us not against us, we accept to be His warriors. So we ask our fellow believers to stand up with us, link arms together and pray that God's will be done, that these curses we are enduring will be turned to God's blessings, and that Satan doesn't hold any power over these situations nor us.

We ponder over this quote, and is now a prayer for our family and Addy's Hope. "When because of your faith, your life too becomes perceptibly different; when your reactions are quite opposite to what the situation seems to call for and your activities can no longer be explained in terms of your personality; that is when your neighborhood will sit up and take notice. In the eyes of the world, it is not our relationship with Jesus Christ that counts; it is our resemblance to him!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen to your final prayer! Standing with you!