Archibald Family

Archibald Family

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Journal, Day 3 - February 17, 2009

Our director took care of so much business today - arranging appointments, meeting with people and such. Amos, the in-country director arranged a press conference for tomorrow. An interesting fact about press conferences - one must pay for the press to come! During our director's outing she met with someone who wants to work with Addy's Hope and license each of the workers and educate them about protecting the kids from abuse and such. She also wants to work with those in the states to educate us as adoptive parents as to the culture we are bringing into our homes. This is another great thing, and another divine appointment set up by God. Everyday I see more and more that God is building block by block getting Addy's Hope ready for something great!

We went out to meet for lunch. Elijah now cries everytime I leave. It breaks my heart but I know too it's also an act of trying to get his way. I rocked Ruth asleep again today and it just feels so right.

I called Duane last night and let Elijah talk to him. I believe I heard some emotion from Duane. Elijah kept asking "Papa, when are you coming to get me?" Oh, if he only knew a yar ago we were ready.




I also gave Elijah and Ruthie some left over pizza. Afterwards we went out to get some fruit and when I returned the first thing was "Mama, my stomach hurts". I felt so bad - his little stomach wasn't ready for such rich food. He slept next to me tonight, and I keep looking over to make sure he is really there. I still feel as if I am living a dream.

Ruthie just wants to be held all the time. She doesn't like to walk too much and also doesn't like to be smothered by the kids. She is deathly afriad of the teddy bear I brought her! She screamed until it was put away. And what amazes me is that she is just over a year old and has already learned the "Liberian pout" to get her way.

No comments: