Archibald Family

Archibald Family

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Back home...

Ever since I have been back from Uganda I have been praying to go back. Duane and I have even joked about moving there, and the laughter has become quieter. Duane is always up for adventure and I am in love with a place I call home. So ever since I have been home I have been pleading with God to send me again...this time with my family.

We have been contemplating different ways of how to go. For all six of us to go on a global mission trip like I participated on - or is there anyway we can raise the funds to build a home in addition to our travel expense and go that way. We remain in prayer first, seeking God's will in all this.

I was talking to one of our school's teachers the other day. I mentioned to him that it is our desire to go back to Uganda in 2009. He mentioned to me, that it was his and his son's desire to go to Uganda in 2009 and would be willing to go with the same group we are working with. I told Katie's teacher how I felt God is allowing me another trip and putting it together, and she said "count me in, don't leave without me". So it looks like God could be orchestrating a trip once again. We are praying to be able to help build in Gulu, where people have been most affected from the war and are in dire need of help.

We need your prayers - that God will open the doors for all of us to go, for clear direction for what He wants us to do and for the finances needed for this project.

1 comment:

Jeremy and Kamina Johnson said...

What kind of home are you hoping to build? Way to go on getting your slideshow up and running!