Archibald Family

Archibald Family

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A Day to Celebrate

A typical Wednesday in the Archibald home is that I drive the girls to school, attend the elementry chapel with Katie and Courtney, then attend the junior high chapel with Lindsay and stay for the remaining of the day to volunteer for teachers. These days I love and cherish for I know the girls will one day grow, will one day not want their mother around and there will be a day I will miss my Wednesdays. Wednesdays are also days I get to have lunch with the girls and their friends. I love these days!

Today was a bit different but in the end it has turned out to be one of my favorite days.

I have been praying for Courtney and her salvation since she was born, but it wasn't until the past few months when I have seen her struggle, make wrong choices and having to discipline her more than the usual that I could see where she was at. As many of us she wanted to "do life" on her own two feet, and being that she has always been so close to me, perhaps depend on me to get her through. And with her two feet and her mother helping her when she falls...she thought she could handle life without God.

Today in chapel, Courtney experienced the conviction of the Holy Spirit. The chapel topic was on complaining and the sword of the Spirit. Courtney squirmed next to me, cried and became angry with anything I said. You see, she was fighting God. After poking and proding to see what the tears were about, she finally admitted "I don't know God, and want to know more about Him". The principal and vice-principal of our school prayed over Courtney and the Spirit remained heavy on her during the day.

Courtney went to the vice-principal after lunch time. After talking and understanding more of God and how He loves us so much that He engraved (carved) her name on the palm of His hand and with the blood of Jesus she received Jesus into her heart. I was priviledged to be pulled into her prayer and pray over her and hear her confess her sins and the need she has for her Lord and Savior. I had to ask her "are you doing this to please Mommy and Daddy?", the answer was no, but I still wondered.

After praying, I watched her. When we were done she got up from her chair took two steps and flung her arms around me and cried with rejoicing tears (something Courtney does not do). God confimed her prayer was real, from her heart.

Tonight our family is rejoicing with the angels over one who has repented and found her Savior. She also enjoyed celebrating by cooking...her favorite thing to do!

No comments: