Archibald Family

Archibald Family

Monday, April 21, 2008

Oh Katie!!!

It was Monday and I was home doing my normal Monday routine - laundry and ironing. And then I received a call from the PE teacher at the girl's school. Katie was playing basketball when I ball was thrown to her and there was a loud "pop" and a lot of pain, as well as swelling. The teacher attended to Katie's injury, and gave her a lot of care and TLC. I went to pick her up from school and headed her over to Urgent Care. (I feel right at home with the hospital these days!) When we left Urgent Care we still weren't sure if her thumb was broken, strained or what, so we made an appointment with the orthopedist. Wednesday she left that appointment with a bright blue cast! Today (two weeks later) she is in a splint and doing much better.

No comments: