Archibald Family

Archibald Family

Monday, September 8, 2008

It's That Time of the Year....

Even here in Colorado I stake the claim of being a California Girl...a matter-of-fact all the girls in the Archibald clan stake the same claim. We live for the beach! We love the overcast skies and the mist in the salt air as we walk the sand in our bare feet. We love to hike in the mountains with the Redwoods all around us. As I think back on California there were two seasons....winter (full of rain that I so much love and miss) and summer (extremely hot that I don't want to experience anymore). The more rooted I become in Colorado the more I enjoy welcoming all four seasons - all their splendor, beauty and each with their unique colors. I never knew how much I was missing all those years and never a clue. But then there is something I would love to miss out on here, that would put me back in that California sun....FLY SEASON! I can't stand it. Flies come in when you come in, you go to the grocery store and they are there, you go in your car and they are there. What is the deal with fly season? Where do they all come from and why so many at this time of the year? When I think I'm gaining control on patience just put me in fly season and it will give me in a proper perspective! So there you have it...every state has its ups and downs. And yes...I'm thankful still for where we live, flies and all!

1 comment:

HollyAnn said...

Fall is my favorite time of year! It is coming early to Texas this year! :)