Archibald Family

Archibald Family

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My Abba and Me - follow up from yesterday...

I chose to be joyful today. I chose to be joyful with my Abba today as He rejoices that there are families heading to Liberia this coming week to get their children. I stood in worship before we broke into our Bible Study. Ever since I have been in the presence of my Abba yesterday I feel that much closer. Today I wept. I wept because I love Him so much, and I wept in awe of Him. I wept when He again showed me a scene Duane and I both have seen...standing before the congregation, bringing Elijah to be dedicated.

I have been told over and over how adoption brings you that much more in touch with God and His heart. I can understand part of that...but it hasn't truly impacted me quite yet. Until today...

As we wait each day with this heartache, how much more does my Abba ache as He waits for His children to come to Him. I have the priviledge to wait, so I may experience and get to know Abba's heart that much more.

No comments: