Archibald Family

Archibald Family

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Wondering...

I was looking at our blog today and couldn't help but notice. The day before yesterday marked a year since we have been commited to Elijah. I think back on that day of how we were all so excited, and how we assumed he would be here soon. With so much joy and anticipation we set out to make him his very own bear. And now we are a year later. As I think back through the year of all the pictures, video, footprint and updates we have received of Elijah I see how we have fallen in love with the little boy we see. We continue to wait and wonder...wonder about him and the boy he is, wonder about what God's call is on his life, wonder about when we will actually meet, wonder what that day will be like and sometimes I wonder if I am living a dream or if there really is a little boy on the other side of the world thinking of us as much as we think of him. Today we are still just as excited as that first day of commitment, and hold onto the hope and patience God gives us each day and His promise that "soon he will come.".

3 comments:

HisFireFly said...

Prayers remain with you, as always.
I like the new format on your blog. Great picture, just missing one little black boy! In His time. In His incomprehensible time.

Jeremy and Kamina Johnson said...

We continue to pray for you and your family.

HollyAnn said...

I promise he is real! I have hugged and kissed him...but I know how hard that is to believe sometimes on this side of the world with only a picture and a video! Hang in there..keep praying..keep expecting! God is moving mountains!