Archibald Family

Archibald Family

Thursday, November 25, 2010

We Give Thanks

Thanks be to God for HIs indescribable gift!
2 Corinthians 9:15

I am thankful for Thanksgiving!  I am thankful for the days leading up to Thanksgiving that we spend just getting ready to be thankful.  I am thankful for the time set aside to be thankful.  I am thankful for family and friends who surround the Thanksgiving table as we all give thanks.

I couldn't imagine giving thanks without knowing the One to give thanks to,.

I also couldn't imagine starting our Advent without Thanksgiving.  Thanksgiving sets our hearts, reminds our minds of all the things God has given us and humbles our spirit.  It sets the stage as we anticipate the coming of our KIng.

This Thanksgiving our famiy shared each of their favorite scriptures and gave thanks to the One who has touched us according to the words read.  We are thankful for His word.

This year I am thankful.  I am thankful for His outpouring of blessings, for family and friends, and for His continued provisions.  I am thankful for the One I have to be thankful to, for the best Book ever written and the day itself to set aside and give Him thanks.

No comments: