Archibald Family

Archibald Family

Friday, December 3, 2010

Love His Children

I confess I'm a detailed person, and I guard my heart like most.  When I do completely surrender everything to God I find a new enjoyment in life.  BUT there always seems to be some point I start asking questions through a panic state and then try to work out the details.

I'm at that point.

What I didn't mention yesterday was the time table of everything.  I'm on vacation for a week.  I will also only have one week to get ready:  organizing rooms, setting up beds and Christmas shop.  It can be done - but it's going to take a lot of effort.

During my time of preparing, planning and working out details, I heard my doubt question "What if this doesn't work out, and these kids don't stay?".

First, I remembered sitting in my pastor's office seeking his counsel.  His advise for me was to learn to recognize this voice and cast it off.  So that is what I did.  And then I turned that very question back to God.

You know what He told me?  "To love His children and He'll take care of the details."  

So that is what I'll do.  I don't know the outcome, and I don't know what the details look like but I do know that I can love as He continues to love me.

When I vision these new additions in our home ... I know that our schedules will be more than full, the dinner table will be full, the house will be full and the car will be at it's maximum capacity ... and our hearts will be overfilled with love.  We look forward to following this adventure we are on.

No comments: