Archibald Family

Archibald Family

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Our Double Portion

Instead of their shame my people will receive a double portion,
and instead of disgrace they will rejoice in their inheritance;
and so they will inherit a double portion in their land,
and everlasting joy will be theirs.
Isaiah 61:7

There has been an awesome out pouring of God on our church these past couple of years.  We have been privileged to hear so many healings, so many encounters of God and many, many miracles - and all unique and different from the one before.  Our family has each experienced God's healing ourselves at different times and in different areas.  We are grateful. 

When our senior pastor retired, and our new pastor stepped up to the role, the double portion (like Elijah to Elisha) was passed to the new pastor, who in turn did not keep it to himself but yet shared it with each person in the congregation.  As he prayed over each person - young and old, we all sought something - I sought the gift of prophesy and a deeper belonging with God.  It was my heart's cry to be exactly where God wanted me, and I longed to see His favor.

I can't say I have seen tangible evidence of my double portion.  Yet peace remains.  And favor upon me rests.  But I do confess I'd like to see tangible evidence.

Beth Moore read the above verse during our study.  Something stirred within me.  Will I finally see the evidence I have longed for?  Only  time will tell.

No comments: