Archibald Family

Archibald Family

Thursday, December 2, 2010

THE Call

Today was a bad morning...extremly bad.  I didn't have a nice thing to say to anyone, I'm ashamed to say.  The girls seem not to be making wise choices.  There is always one day like this when one parent is away.  I'm exhausted, as I am trying to do all the day to day stuff as well as getting ready to make my get-a-way.  The stress of it all isn't becoming on me this morning.  This just isn't a good morning.

Apparently the phone rang, because there is a message.

It's our social worker.

Apparently there are some children in the Colorado system who are in need of  permanent home as of yesterday.

After consulting Duane - I called.

I can't explain the knowing we have that these kids belong with us, but there is that knowing.  So many things have simply worked out.  Too many things I was hearing and sensing....all making sense now that it is exposed.

God's timing is perfect.  As we weren't excited about the timing of Duane's trip, but find that this is to be a perfect gift to be able to get restored and energized as we try to juggle a new transition in our home.

We have let go, and we can finally breathe again.  We have allowed God's leadership on this journey once again.

We casted our net.  We caught more than our fill, for God has abundantly filled it.

We are standing up to this calling, and I am doing it scared - but the odd thing is - I have found an over abundance of peace that fill both of us instead.

And as for our evidence of our double portion ...we are going from three kids to six.  Yes, that's right...three more kids are coming into our home!

This is the craziest ride we've been on with God.  But we're enjoying the ride!

We received an email from our social worker that said "Karen, I never get calls about children waiting in the foster care system.  The call came to me at my agency in __.  It was just so weird and out of the blue.  Very interesting!"

We think it is ... very God!

No comments: