Archibald Family

Archibald Family

Monday, November 26, 2007

And the Building begins...

Today we started out eager to start building and by the end of the day we were eager for a shower and our beds.

We broke into two teams. The other team was building a kindergarten room (picture on right is the foundation for the kindergarten room) and our team was building a teacher's home - on the second floor! (picture on left is the teacher's home site)

I have so much appreciation for the African laborers - all that they do is such hard work. Our location was in the hot sun which made the 85 degree weather fell over 100 degrees. It was my job to help move the bricks. I met a worker named Simon, he looked after me and was quite friendly.

As we worked I was reminded of where our strength was coming from - that being Jesus. He hand picked each one of us and brought us together. We are His body and we are all needed. We all need encouragement now and then by each other, and I see our building project is bringing us closer. all day I couldn't help but hear the words of the song "we are one in the spirit, we are one, we are one.".

I'm also humbled to be part of this building. As each brick passed my hand I prayed God's blessings upon the teacher that would live inside the walls we were building. Watoto wants to build exceptional homes to attract exceptional teachers, and we ave the privilege to be part of it all.



No comments: