Archibald Family

Archibald Family

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Gulu

People came back from Gulu. I have found I need to study more about this place and the history of it when I get back home. Joseph Koney is the leader of the rebels who have tortured kids. He is now in hiding somewhere they believe in Sudan. Some of our teammates have seen the torture area and have been impacted greatly. However in the midst of their sorrow and grief they saw hope.

The girls in Gulu were fearful of the men in our group, for they have been taught to be afraid for men will rape you.

One thing I have forgotten to mention is how I have noticed and have heard stories from other teammates of the high reputation Watoto has - and especially with government officials. The other day when we were trying to see the Source of the Nile it was closed to all, however when they found out we were with Watoto they passed us right through security. The same went for those who traveled to Gulu. That gives me more of an insight of Watoto and the character they have. Ugandans, and the Ugandan government associate Watoto with Jesus, that "they" are good and very trustworthy. I recognize how God has paved His way using Watoto to transform this country and is claiming it.

No comments: