Archibald Family

Archibald Family

Friday, November 30, 2007

Unified and Never Forgotten

I've been avoiding writing today for today was a day that moved me more than any other.

My biggest surprise on this trip is how I can work with workers for a matter of four days and form such a connection. Today was the dedication of the houses and it was one of the most beautiful experiences I've been part of. The workers sang a song of celebration, and asked us to sing a song. The foreman on the work site thanked us for coming, for raising money and not only supporting Watoto but giving the workers work, supporting their families and giving their children an opportunity for education.

A house. We came to build a house. And I have found that this is so much more than a house. Christ was with us again and has moved me greatly, I couldn't help but weep. Watoto's pastor came to dedicate the home. As we laid hands upon the walls I volunteered to pray for not only the teacher that will live in this home, not only for the home to reveal the presence of the Lord to the teachers but also for continued protection and blessings upon the men who will continue to work once we leave and their families. I need to remember to continue to pray for these men and their families. After the pastor prayed the moment came when the workers formed a line to send us on our way. We had to finally say good-bye to our new friends, people we have gotten to know, people we have laughed with and people we have shared our lives with. Now it was good-bye. I was so thankful to Jeff on our team who had given me a shirt to give to Simon, for I still had the desire to give Simon something. The first man in the line was Simon, and tears fell. I hugged him, thanked him, he thanked me, and gave him the shirt. Simon was proud to have a new shirt. Part of our hearts went with each other. I passed through the line I hugged some others, shook hands with others. I will never forget Simon.


I saw unity. I saw and experienced how God wants us to be always. How we are one...no black nor white, rich or poor but unified because of Christ.

On our way back from the job site we stopped by KPC. We had a taste of the children's choir that leaves for the US on December 31st. It was a privilege to see this choir at their home country and before they set out to bless so many others in our country.
After a day full of emotions, we headed to do some shopping. However, my heart remained at the job site.

No comments: