Archibald Family

Archibald Family

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Arts & Crafts and Homesickness

I headed to the job site doubtful. It was announced we had another house to build and with that we lost seven from our team to go to a third team, and yesterday we had one injured (broke two fingers)making our team less eight people. God showed me it is through Him all things are possible and with that we accomplished our day's goal. Once again I am humbled by our God!


I learned a new trade today - bending wired around rebar which makes the reinforcement used at the top of the building. Anyone who loves arts and crafts would love the job I did today just as much as me.

I had to go to the "store" and get more wire. I found myself needing to wait while it was made. I had a hard time waiting because I was worried others on my team would think I wasn't pulling my weight on the team and afraid of their judgement. God questioned why am I concerned with everyone else's voices instead of His. I stood still and waited for what seemed to be over a hour. God wants me to stop focusing on the work or the opinions of others and treasure the people He places in my life and live the moments how He chooses. I still am learning.

Today started with many tears, for I am really homesick. I questioned as to how I'm to get through it and relied even more on God. I was woken by a bad dream about Duane and how he was ignoring me and hurting me, so I prayed. I prayed for Duane and the girls and asked God to be over them as they sleep. But I still missed them. During lunch I saw the Watoto kids playing soccer, so I went to play. It felt food to play and I realized how I have even taken advantage of the playing time I have with my girls. Today was good, because I saw how God could even turn my homesickness into something good. I was able to make connections with some kids, but wouldn't have if I hadn't been going through the emotions that day.

I still am concerned I'm missing God's lessons and continue to pray I will grasp what He's trying to teach me.

No comments: