Archibald Family

Archibald Family

Monday, November 26, 2007

Step out of Your Comfort Zone - Be Adventurous

As I have mentioned Gulu is a place where KPC/Watoto is trying to rehabilitate the soldiers who have lived a life of killing (which is a life all that they know). The land that was used when their leader, Joseph Koney would helicopter in and get out and shoot whoever he saw first is the same land Watoto is trying to get from the government. It would bring glory to God for Him to redeem this land.

I am noticing I'm ready for home cooking. We have eaten quite well, much better than I expected, but I'm looking forward eating at home and not having to try new things. Being that food hasn't been as adventurous as I had expected I decided to get out of my comfort zone and be adventurous and make Duane proud - I ate fried grasshopper! They tasted like a barbecue chip with a crunchy-hard shell (like a shrimp). It actually tasted quite good but I didn't care for the shell.


An Inside Look of a hard-working Ugandan -

I heard Ugandans have a 50% tax rate, thus the poverty. A foreman shared with one of our teammates that he pays 50,000 shillings for rent (about $30.00 American) and still has a hard time surviving.

No comments: