Archibald Family

Archibald Family

Saturday, December 1, 2007

Live Like No Other...

More of my heart was stolen today. We went back to the Watoto's babies home where I found a six month old baby boy named Noah. It felt good to just hold a baby again. his smile was inviting and he responded to touch and playing. I sang "Jesus Loves You" over and over again. I also sang to him "Who Built The Boat? Noah, Noah" which he loved and laughed to. I prayed over him and told him over and over again how God has a purpose for his life. His is not forgotten and his father is a Might God. I took him outside where he was mesmerized by the breeze and the trees blowing by it. I rocked him and sang to him and then he was asleep. But not to long for he had to wake to be fed. All the babies are kept to a schedule because there are so many and nap time is rest time for the "moms".

I experienced a love for Noah, and like I held with my own babies. I realized that I have had a fear that I wouldn't love our son, Elijah as I love my three girls. I thought it couldn't be possible for my girls are from my womb...Elijah isn't. It has to be different. But oh, never thought it could so different - that it could be even that much more amazing! It's a beautiful thing how God can bring a man and a woman together to create a baby. But to have a child across the world, created through another two people for us, and we for this little boy, I feel more ready today than ever to welcome Elijah into our home and know that I am able to love him as my own, but as a special gift.

I saw how Noah was loved by many of the staff, he had many hearts. I also saw realized that for the couple of hours we were there he has probably never been held for so long. What a gift for him. He probably hadn't been outside much either, which he enjoyed so much. I couldn't find Noah's story, but I did learn of another - a 5 month old girls who at birth was left in a plastic bag and found in a dumpster. Today she is strong, active and healthy. These babies all have sad stories, but through each of them God's character is revealed. We have a God who heals, who saves and protects and loves abundantly.

No comments: