Archibald Family

Archibald Family

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Heading Home

I started heading home today, and leaving a new place I have called home and leaving a huge part of my heart.


I wondered at first if we'd make it to the airport. The major roads in Uganda are paved but a lot of the side streets aren't (they are just dirt). Our guest house was on a side street off a major road - and on a hill. Last night everyone was woken by thunder and lightning - lightning that came down right next to the house. It rained all through the night and even this morning. Our dirt road was now mud. Our bus couldn't get up the road. The driver tried over and over again, but finally after he backed up (way past the guest house entrance) to get a "running jump" we finally got up the hill and started heading to the airport.


I watched all the homes, all the stores. Even at 6:00 in the morning people were out! I have remembered the past couple of weeks and have realized how I have appreciated the people in Uganda. I will remember how God is at Uganda's root, how I would see evidence of Him printed on the taxis and hear praise music in the stores. I will remember how God has put me in His classroom. I will remember the pain of saying good-bye.


I look forward to see my family, loving them and being part of their lives once again. But how do I go back to our oversize home, ouir refridgerator full of food, and the closets full of clothes? How do I go back to a selfish society?


God has been with me all day. I have continued to put my trust in Him and I praise Him. I love my God and know He loves me and know He'll help me process all this and grant me wisdom as I share with others.

No comments: