Archibald Family

Archibald Family

Sunday, December 9, 2007

God is Great and Worthy of Praise!

I awoke this morning as a child like the night before Christmas. I am so excited to go home and see my family. I talked at great length to Duane last night, and shared all my mix feelings and especially my fears. He am relieved to know he understands. We both know God is doing something, and we are both choosing to allow God to lead our lives. Knowing I am loved by Duane is one of my greatest gifts. I long to be back in his life once again.

As I have gotten ready this morning I find my mind pondering all the images ingrained in my mind from the past three weeks. I also am reminded of the prayer requests I had people praying while I was gone. I then couldn't help but recognize who God is and the praise He so richly deserves.

I praise God for He is a God I can trust. Each time I was fearful or in a state of confusion I would let it go into His hands, totally letting all the details, worries or questions go and allow Him to take the lead. I found peace in my surrender and confidence God would get me through each situation. My trust in Him has grown and my faith in Him as well.

I praise God for being a compassionate God. I saw that God held me hand as fear gripped me when we had turbulence on our plane. I saw compassion through each host's face that I have embedded in my mind. Through their stories and openness I recognize God's care and love. I have witnessed how God has rescued each child and has provided for their physical and emotional needs.

I praise God for His love. He is constantly faithful and pours His love into each person I have met. Through His faithfulness, so many have come to Him as the invitation was offered. His love is real, and constant. His love is for all His children - those sick with AIDS, those who are orphaned and is there for even me.

Praise God for His hope. He provides hope through His callings and through His word. I still am impacted of how people don't have access to the Bible, how thirsty they are for it, and how valuable a gift I have at my fingertips that I take for granted. Through His Word He reminds us that we aren't alone and that He offers us a future of hope.

I praise God for being a great healer. He has saved so many from death, so many babies that have been left for dead yet He gave them life. He continues to provide the help, care and facility for those in need. Through His care He has been able to take these kids hearts and remove their fears and their feelings of worthlessness and give them a future. I ponder a baby who was fed acid in hopes he would die. Not only did God rescue this child but two days ago the child's feeding tube had been removed and was eating once again. God heals. He even took time to remove the lies I have believed and made my heart whole once again.

I praise God for His joy. I think of all these "Mzungoos" bringing smiles and gifts to so many kids. And how each of their faces would light up and would be eager to touch, hold or play. I saw joy through each Ugandan - joy even through what they don't have.

I praise God for His provisions. Giving food, shelter, and education to not only the children in Watoto's care but also to the adults in the community, the house moms, the builders, the teachers and other workers. I think too of the teams that come, each individual raising money to help build homes and classrooms. God has provided it all.

I praise God for His creativity. Through the beauty of His world and all He has made to fill it. How He didn't make us all one color, nor limit His animals, but instead took the time to make so many unique details and giving each a purpose.

My God is Great! My God is worthy of praise. I have fallen in love with Him so much more. I am humbled, privileged and so grateful. I am thankful God has allowed me to share more of His world, but mostly to experience more of Him. I have the privilege and joy of serving a Great Big God.

No comments: