Archibald Family

Archibald Family

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The Journey Home Begins

I woke to tears this morning. Our first group of people left this morning, my new friends were going home. What a gift God has given me. I now have connections and friends all over the world. I have to confess too that I'm jealous of those who are leaving and heading home. I am ready to be home with Duane and my girls.

Tonight - more tears, for more of our group is heading home. Our group is smaller and thoughts of home are more rapid in my mind. I'm ready to be at home in my husband's arms, listening to the girls. What I miss most are the small things - the way my husband looks at me or the way he holds my hands, walking my girls to their classes each day or having lunch with them on Wednesdays. I am ready to be home and appreciate these moments once again.

It was mentioned to us by our hosts how one of the KPC pastors spoke of a missionary who spent much time in Africa and India; reaching and serving. It happened that when she got on the plane, President Ronald Reagan was on the same plane. When he got off the plane he was greeted with a 21 gun salute and when she got off; nothing. The country had been with the greatness of one who gave of herself for many years, but recognized the one who had power. The missionary questioned her work. But God reminded her this earthly place wasn't her home, and that her celebration is waiting for her at home with her Father. We were reminded that our lives are like that missionary. We arrived the same time as the Queen and Prince of England, and arrived the same time as Chogm, and with all the military and police that lined the streets. Uganda has welcomed all these people and events but our celebration is waiting at home with our Father.

I am thankful to our hosts, to so many welcoming Ugandans and the time we have had to enjoy and learn of the life in Uganda. I feel we haven't spent as much time as we should have to help and serve Watoto. But they feel blessed, and are thankful and encouraged. And we feel the same.
I hope I have grasped all God wanted to impress upon me. I know I have trusted and relied on Him and knew I was safe because of Him. I knew He was always with me, for I never was alone. I am grateful for our God.

No comments: