Archibald Family

Archibald Family

Monday, December 3, 2007

A Reminder of God's Grace

On out safari tonight we ended in the middle of a herd of about fifty giraffes. I was in disbelief, that where ever I looked I saw such a tall, graceful creature. As I watch them, watch their gentleness and their graceful disposition I am reminded of God. And as I see the giraffes all around us, I am reminded of the grace that is all around us each day if we would just take the time to see it.

I don't want to forget to mention how hot it has been since the moment I arrived in Africa. I am constantly feeling sticky, but now here in the jungle (or dessert) it is even hotter, about 100 degrees and with the humidity it feels even hotter. I am looking forward to the winter waiting for me at home.

At dinner tonight I discovered fireflies! They flash themselves with a neon green light. Just more evidence of God and more reason for me to be more in awe of Him! And how He would think of such creativity even in an insect! Amazing!

I keep wishing my family was here to enjoy all this. Oh, how I miss them!

No comments: